Another great beginner tutorial from Zaid where you’ll learn how to create a watercolour like effect to a photograph. Blending modes and filters are on the menu this time so enjoy.
This is going to be a really quick tutorial! It is very easy!
- Open up Pixelmator with an image you would like to apply the watercolor effect to.
- Duplicate the layer (CMD+SHIFT+D).
- Change the duplicated layer’s blending mode to “Darken”.
- Now go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian and set the Radius to whatever seems right. This cute little puppy needs around 5.0 px.
- Now, you are already done! Feel free to apply more filters, whatever seems right!